Democrats Invest in America, Extreme MAGA Republicans Slash Jobs
President Biden, Congressional Democrats Invest in America, Grow Our Economy
Build on our nation’s historic job growth under President Biden — more than 12 million new jobs in two years — with job-creating investments in manufacturing, clean energy, and infrastructure.
- Invest in American manufacturing, providing $375 million for the National Institutes of Standards and Technology’s (NIST) Industrial Technology Services, an increase of 77 percent over FY23 appropriations, and $277 million for the Manufacturing Extension Partnership, an increase of 58 percent over FY23 appropriations.
- Make historic investments in American science and research, with $210 billion for federal research and development and $18 billion for projects authorized by the CHIPS and Science Act. These investments include cutting-edge research at the national laboratories and universities, and the largest investment in fusion energy in history.
- Expand workforce training that provides pathways to high-paying jobs by investing in evidence-based training models to ensure all workers have the skills they need for good jobs.
- Invest $4.5 billion in clean energy infrastructure across America, alongside investments in climate science and resilience, accelerating advancing environmental justice, and doubling down on America’s global climate leadership
- Provide a historic $16.5 billion for climate science and clean energy innovation.
- Invest in new ways to out-compete China and deepen alliances and partnerships in the Indo-Pacific, including a new proposal to invest $6 billion to strengthen the U.S. role in the Indo-Pacific and advance the U.S. economy and promote integrated deterrence efforts.
- Make government services more effective and accountable to all Americans, with more than $500 million to modernize services, reduce administrative burdens, pilot new online tools and technologies, and improve agency capacity to improve service delivery.
Extreme MAGA Republicans Slash Jobs, Undermine our Competitiveness
Ship manufacturing jobs overseas by repealing the Inflation Reduction Act and the new clean energy and manufacturing projects it created, which would kill the estimated 9 million jobs the law is expected to deliver over the next decade and move them overseas.
- Take a sledgehammer to the federal budget, with far-reaching spending cuts that would eviscerate — or altogether eliminate — vital R&D, workforce and jobs training programs, and other initiatives to grow our economy and maintain our competitiveness, including:
- The Small Business Administration, which helps support more than 650,000 jobs and provides other services to America’s 33 million small businesses.
- The National Science Foundation, which helps keep the U.S. at the leading edge of discovery and supports 318,000 researchers, entrepreneurs, students and teachers.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act and Employment Services State Grants, which provide employment services and training to dislocated workers and others.
- Registered Apprenticeships, which train future workforces in in-demand industries.
- The Strengthening Community Colleges program, which collaborates with employers to help meet local and regional labor market needs for a skilled workforce.
- Undermine America’s competitiveness by slashing programs that educate our next generation, including:
- Funding for kids in public school, impacting millions of children throughout the nation.
- Child Care and Development Block Grants, which provide affordable childcare to more than 1.4 million children on average each month
- Head Start, which provides free preschool for more than 800,000 children.
- Pell Grants, which help more than 6 million students afford college each year.
- Funding for community colleges and tuition support for students
- Deny 40 million Americans critical student debt relief by ending President Biden’s plan to forgive $10,000-$20,000 of student debt for low and middle-income Americans.